Syndromes to Be Taken Seriously

by Susan Guzman

I don't want to get into the discussion of how women's rights are not on equal terms as men's and that whole movement.  But in the article I am presenting today it is interesting to learn that there are syndromes that are more frequently suffered by women than men and how they tend to not get the attention they deserve.

In stumbling upon this article, I learned something about myself that I have been suffering with for months now.  If you have read previously post from me you may have read that I have severely injured both of my shoulders in what I believed was from either sleeping the wrong way, or by weight lifting.

What I have come to learn from this article is what I may be suffering from is a condition called frozen shoulder.  Basically frozen shoulder is severe pain and loss of range of motion most likely brought on by thyroid disease, which I have, or diabetes.  Most conditions that are discussed for women are pregnancy, menopause, ovarian cancer and other women related health issues, but what you will learn from this article is that there are other conditions that need to be addressed and more information needs to be brought to our attention.  http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/10063345.cms

Comments

Popular Posts