Number One Killer of Women

by Susan Guzman

I know if I was to take a poll of what people thought was the number one killer in women today, most would say breast cancer.  Surprisingly, that is the wrong answer.  Heart disease kills more women than any other disease today.  Most people believe that it is the number one killer for men, but the fact is that heart disease kills more women than men.  I was shocked to learn this myself.

It's also interesting to learn that the symptoms of heart attack in women are much different than the symptoms men experience which leads women to believe that what they are experiencing is something less serious so they tend to ignore the warning signals.  Another interesting fact which surprised me is that women have a higher tolerance for pain than men do.  Please read the article to learn more of what we can do to greatly reduce the risk of heart attack.  The women's number one killer today.  http://thestar.com.my/health/story.asp?file=/2011/9/18/health/9508011&sec=health

Comments

Popular Posts