Three of the Worst Weight Lifting Mistakes a Woman Can Make

By Susan Guzman

I found the article I am about to share with you very interesting because I believe my own mistakes of lifting weights to strengthen my arms have caused me severe injury to both rotator cuffs.

I thinking I was doing myself good, I was lifting very light weight in long repetitions.  As the weeks went on instead of my arms feeling stronger they began feeling weaker, but yet in my thinking I thought I wasn't doing enough so I continue pushing harder and harder.  Well today I have some major issues with my shoulders which I am now trying to correct by taking yoga, and with the help of the instructors who are aware of my injuries I am beginning to see an improvement.  So my advice to all the women out there wanting to gain muscle, before you begin a weight training program learn the correct form.  If you can, hire a personal trainer, or at least join a reputable gym where the help is knowledgable and can show you what you should be doing to get the results you desire.

Read the article to learn more about the common mistakes we make.  http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2016184813_lift13.html

Comments

Popular Posts